You are likely reading this post because we connected at an event, you have read my writing, or a mutual colleague or friend of ours suggested you reach out. And I couldn’t be happier that you did. I love sharing my career and life journey – how I left full-time nonprofit employment to launch my coaching and training business, negotiated two book deals in two years, my secrets for booking speaking gigs, getting national media coverage, and so forth (You can see a longer “Pick My Brain” list below.) And as I’ve spoken more openly both about my childhood sexual abuse and my current rehabilitative work with sex offenders, lately I also am frequently asked about my healing, my forgiveness practice, and how to work with stigmatized populations.
When I was first building my business, I reached out to a lot of people to ask for support. There was nothing more frustrating than harnessing the moxie to craft an email or place a phone call to someone whose story and work resonated with me, and then NOT receive a response. I promised myself early on that I would answer every question I got asked. Always. End of story. But… I no longer can do it the way I have been now that I am receiving dozens of these “pick your brain” inquiries each week. Plus, because I give some pretty darn juicy, detailed, and actionable suggestions during these conversations, I need to walk the talk you expect from me. Therefore, I am no longer undervaluing my experiences and insights by giving away my time and answers for free.
I have devised a more sustainable and mutually beneficial process for making my brain available by allowing you to affordably grab some juice with me. (If you’re going to “pick my brain,” you probably know that I am a green juice junkie. While I’d love for us to drink juice together, you can of course drink whatever beverage you like when we communicate.) As you will discover below, I am offering 3 different ways you can get answers to your questions (A’s to your Q’s)– depending on the level of “picking” you seek, your location, and your budget – while I drink buckets of my favorite brain-stimulating beverage.
For those who want to get straight to the business of getting A’s to their Q’s, the “e-Juice” is perfect for you. Simply email me up to 8 questions, and within 1-week, juice in hand, I’ll email you back my responses.
Investment: $49 for email responses to up to 8 questions
2. Virtual Juice
This is the perfect format if you’d like to have a lengthier, more free-flowing conversation. While each Virtual Juice will have it’s own taste depending on what you are seeking to learn, you will want to show up with approximately 15-20 questions and be ready to do some scribing.
Investment: $99 for 45-minutes (I can drink juice with you on the phone or over Skype!)
3. Full Juice Date
This is just like the Virtual Juice only it’s a little longer and it’s face-to-face. If you are in Las Vegas or plan to be, I’d be delighted to grab juice with you at one of my three favorite Northwest Las Vegas juice bars – Go Raw Café, Rachel’s Kitchen, or Daily Wellness.
Investment: $149 for 1 hour (This includes your glass of juice or a smoothie!)
Next Steps: Until payment is automated, you can email me at Info@AlexiaVernon.com with your name, juice option, phone number, and we’ll get your session scheduled and payment taken care of within 48-hours (Please allow up to 72-hours if reaching out over a weekend). Then, make sure to show up to our juice session with all of the questions you’ve been collecting, ready to FINALLY get answers and gain clarity to craft your next steps.
Top 20 “Pick My Brain” Questions I Get Asked
- How did you save enough money to leave a full-time job and create a coaching and training business?
- What are the top ways that you find your clients?
- How have you been able to get corporate coaching and training opportunities?
- Do I need to get certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF) to become a coach? What coaching school(s) do you recommend?
- Should I charge for my speaking? If so, how much? Where do I look for speaking gigs?
- What marketing materials do I need to build my client base?
- Can you help me figure out my professional niche?
- What professional associations or networking groups should I join?
- How were you able to secure a literary agent?
- What are your recommendations for creating a top-notch book proposal?
- How do you successfully run a book launch/book tour?
- How have you grown your newsletter list and built your platform?
- NBC, CNN, Forbes.com, the WSJ…how do you get yourself so much darn press?!
- I’d like to start meditating. What recommendations can you offer?
- I need to find a mentor. Where do I begin?
- I’m thinking of moving to Las Vegas, but a lot of people in my life tell me I’m crazy. Why did you move from New York to Nevada?
- I want to forgive the people in my life who have hurt me, but I don’t know how. What enabled you to unhook from the pain you experienced and the people at the root of it?
- I was abused, and I want to use my story in my work with my clients. What are your suggestions for how to do this?
- You are very open about how happy you are in your marriage? How have you been able to create a thriving relationship?
- What’s the #1 thing you have learned that you never need to learn again?
I look forward to our time together!