We are just a little under 2-months away from the inaugural Moxie Camp, a weekend experience for female changemakers who want to develop the vision and voice to make big-time positive social impact through their careers and businesses. I just peeked at the registration list, and although I don’t know the majority of the ladies who have secured their seats, after a little Google surfing I found myself in tears. I knew that my fellow Moxie Camp coaches, speakers, panelists, and I would attract some pheno-o-o-o-o-o-m-e-n-a-l women, but wow. Wow. This is an all-star participant list of women social entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, educators, and visionaries. Each Moxie Camper could be leading her own session. I am so excited to learn and grow from all of them. And you. Yes, I’m going to say it again. Wow.
Now, it’s time to make sure you get to New York for the one-of-a-kind weekend. For those of you who want to have your Early Bird ticket secured so that you can finalize your travel plans and start connecting with your fellow Campers in our private Facebook group, you can get registration taken care of in moments HERE.
If you’re more of a gambler or are sweating the event fee, you also have an opportunity to *win* your Moxie Camp seat. 2 lucky and deserving changemakers will be given the opportunity to participate for FREE in the Moxie Camp weekend and accompanying pre and post-event coaching calls.
Between TODAY and 11:59 PM PST on Saturday, May 19, the Moxie Camp team and I will be running a contest to identify the 2 women who most need to be at the New York Insight Meditation Center with us from June 29, 2012-July 1, 2012. We want to hear from entrants:
1) What the concept of “moxie” means to you and how you step into yours;
2) The top reasons you want to be at the Moxie Camp weekend, and how it will enable you to scale your impact in your business or career;
3) Why and how the Moxie Camp community will benefit from having you join us!!!
There are 2 ways to address these three points and let us know why 1 of the 2 women chosen should be you. We ask that you please choose just one of the entry options below.
Please create up to a 2-minute video addressing the points above. Be sure you include your name and a brief introduction about yourself at the start. Then A) Upload it to YouTube with the title: “Choose [your name] as a Moxie Camp 2012 Contest Winner” and B) Post the link for the video both on my Facebook fan page and in the comments below. (Creativity in your video is TOTALLY encouraged and your videography skills will NOT factor into the selection process! We are ALL about you and your content.)
In up to 500 words, use the comments section of this post to write a brief essay responding to the 3 prompts listed above. First, please introduce yourself, and be sure to include any additional info that will help the Moxie Camp team get a sense of your personality and changemaking priorities. Finally, post a link to your comment/essay on my Facebook fan page.
What You Need to Know to Enter
- Moxie Camp Coaches, Speakers, Panelists, and the Admin Team (sans me) will be voting based on the following criteria: ability to articulate how entrant is living with “moxie,” what entrant wants to take away from Moxie Camp, and how she will enhance the Moxie Camp community with her participation.
- If you are competing for 1 of the 2 spots you must be available for the ENTIRE Moxie Camp weekend, and if you are outside the Greater New York City area, able to accommodate transportation/lodging costs associated with being in NYC for the event.
- We ask that if you receive a complimentary registration you pay it forward by contributing a minimum of 3-hours to a project in your company or community that needs your moxie. (The Moxie Camp Team will ask you to share how you gave back with fellow Campers in a future group email…enabling you to spotlight your passion!)
- The 2 women selected will be notified no later than Tuesday, May 29th.
Want to let other fierce and fabulous changemakers know about this opportunity? Tweet the contest!
In the meantime, remember to get yourself registered for Moxie TeleCamp: A Virtual Preview. Six of our Moxie Camp coaches, speakers, and panelists will be gabbing with me during some content rich calls from May 14-18. You can read full call descriptions and get your access info HERE.