Emily Bennington and I Gab “Who Says It’s a Man’s World”

“Ambition gap, schmambition gap, ” begins Emily Bennington in her new, must-read book, Who Says It’s a Man’s World. “Women aren’t 16 percent of board directors and corporate officers because the other 84 percent don’t want the job. Obviously, there’s something else going on.”

Emily has triggered a new and necessary conversation about how to best activate women’s career success-and it’s all about starting with a big shift in perception. Between her illuminating research, probing questions, ferocious wit, inspiring examples, and practical activities, Emily has ensured that women of all ages will have the know-how and a step-by-step pathway to become influencers, or as she says, ‘rock stars,’ at any stage of our careers.

Whether you are an ambitious woman looking to sustain playing at your edge of performance or the supervisor, brother, father, or husband of a woman who is, Emily’s book pulls strategically from best principles of self-improvement and career and leadership development to cut the bullsh*t out of an age old dilemma that has yet to be resolved. How do women navigate through the real and self-imposed barriers to integrating leadership with life satisfaction?

I had the chance to sit down with Emily, and in the video interview below, we gab about our friendship, the book, and the critical shift in defining success that empowers women to answer the aforementioned question. Click on the video, pick up a copy of Who Says It’s a Man’s World, and kindly tweet/share with women you know can benefit from Emily’s wisdom and wit.

Alexia Vernon and Emily Bennington


Opt In Image
Get on the Obstacles Into Opportunities list

You will receive my weekly-ish heart-centered, high-impact communication and leadership tips, videos, freebies and event specials delivered straight to your inbox. Be on the lookout for my 7 Biggest Obstacles to Success and the Sinfully Simple Formula to Shift Them Into Opportunities. Once you confirm your subscription, I'll send it over so that you can start taking action NOW.

This entry was posted in Career Advice, Happiness, Leadership, Women in Business, Women's Issues and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
  • Influencer Academy

    Alexia Vernon

  • Are you ready to step into the success that is your birthright?

    Subscribe to my weekly-ish Obstacles Into Opportunities and receive my 7 Biggest Obstacles to Success and the Sinfully Simple Formula to Shift Them Into Opportunities to start busting bigger moves in the world NOW!


  • Alexia’s Books & Products

  • Sample Praise for Alexia

    “Alexia is one strong woman helping women to achieve their goals.”
    Ronnie Cho | The White House Office of Public Engagement

    “I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for what you were able to do to help me with my public speaking abilities! You have my eternal gratitude for finally getting me over my near-paralyzing fear of speaking.”
    Tanya Murray | Realty Executives of Nevada

    "Alexia is unlike any other speaker or presenter I’ve ever seen. She embodies the very best of her generation and showed me a range of strategies I can use in preparing my students to be leaders in the workplace.”
    Dr. Joseph Bonnici | Central Connecticut University

    "Alexia is revolutionizing how we prepare nurses for the demands of the workplace in Nevada. She truly understands how to grow a new generation of ethical, high-impact communicators and leaders.”
    Doug Geinzer | Southern Nevada Medical Industry Coalition

    “Alexia is a tremendous coach and speaker. 100% of our group in post surveys commented that the workshop was valuable and uplifting.”
    Kristen Baldwin | Step Up Women’s Network

    "What I love and appreciate about Alexia is her ability to pinpoint your style and strengths as a communicator as well as the little nuances that get you in the way of your power. She gives you very detailed ways to make new changes and enhance your natural communication style."
    Christina Ambubuyog | I Love Intuition